Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2002 Cat 226B. None of the lights and back up alarm

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2002 Cat 226B. None of the lights and back up alarm are now working. I have no power to those fuses on either side so I'm guessing it could either be a breaker or relay, or even the ignition switch itself. I can't find the breaker or relay dedicated to that circuit although the fuse diagram is showing 3 different breakers for the lights. Can you please let me know where these breakers are located on the machine? Please let me know if you can think of anything else it may be as well. Thank you so much for your help
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes, in the engine compartment there is a diagram that shows a relay for the lights, but it doesn't state the location and I can't find where it is at. Thank you for your help.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your machine serial number?

Click on this link for the schematics and some troubleshooting information I put together for you to help. Let me know.

Troubleshooting

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial # is MJH

Thanks for the info. The schematics and information I posted cover your serial number. There is a component locator in the diagrams as well. Let me know if you need more help after reviewing the diagrams. Please remember to rate my service if you have all the information you need.