Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a internationnal prostar, and I have a computer

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a internationnal prostar
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: and I have a computer installed to the engine that I can read the codes
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: and is giving me a couple of them and something about the turbo can you tell me what it is?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
those are the alerts are given
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brakes, Power Unit (MID 136) reports Axle 2 Right (SID 45) is Current below normal or open circuit (FMI 5) Brakes, Power Unit (MID 136) reports Axle 2 Right (SID 45) is Current below normal or open circuit (FMI 5) 7/15/16 12:11 PM at 26,169.0 mi 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi Active
SPN 3984, Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect SPN 3984, Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect 7/15/16 12:11 PM at 26,169.0 mi 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi Active
SPN 3987 (Compression Brake Enable Switch Indicator Lamp Command), Current below normal or open circuit SPN 3987 (Compression Brake Enable Switch Indicator Lamp Command), Current below normal or open circuit 7/15/16 12:11 PM at 26,169.0 mi 7/17/16 9:50 AM at 26,191.0 mi Active
Engine #1 (MID 128) reports Secondary Turbo Inlet Pressure (SID 68) is Data valid but above normal operational range (FMI 0) Engine #1 (MID 128) reports Secondary Turbo Inlet Pressure (SID 68) is Data valid but above normal operational range (FMI 0) 7/17/16 9:50 AM at 26,191.0 mi 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi Active
SPN 3251 (Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure), Reserved for future assignment by SAE SPN 3251 (Aftertreatment 1 Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure), Reserved for future assignment by SAE 7/17/16 9:50 AM at 26,191.0 mi 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi Active
SPN 3936, Reserved for future assignment by SAE SPN 3936, Reserved for future assignment by SAE 7/17/16 9:50 AM at 26,191.0 mi 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi Active
SPN 2023, Voltage below normal or shorted low SPN 2023, Voltage below normal or shorted low 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi 7/17/16 9:57 AM at 26,198.0 mi Active
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you using a scanning program to pull these codes up? You pretty much have the fault reasons listed in your question.

The 1st code is for the wheel sensor on the front drive axle on the right side. Check the plug for the sensor and ohm test the sensor. If the ohm test is good, then pull the wheel and push the sensor in. Sometimes you can push it from the inside, but not often. You want the sensor to be touching the tone wheel. Also check the bearing for if the bearing is loose or going bad, it make the sensor move by pushing it away from the tone ring from the movement.

The 2nd code is for the lamp for the switch for the engine brake. The bulb is burned out.

The 3rd code, for the turbo, that could be the EGR sticking or the actuator going bad. When I see that code and the filter pressure code together, 95% of the time I have had to replace the actuator on these engines. I would have the actuator checked by doing a regen and see if the temps get high on the exhause system. If they are not getting hot enough, most likey the actuator is to blame and it isn't moving the vanes where they should be.

The 4th code is the pressure in the dpf filter isn't where is should be. See the comment above for the turbo.

the 5th code has to do with the cluster. This could be related to the engine brake lamp. Correct the engine brake and see if it solves it. If not, return here and I can dig that one further for the testing sheet. The code mentions Analog A and the sheet will give pins to check for that code.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.