spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

Have 855 big cam getting diesel in oil, Burning more fuel

Customer Question

Have 855 big cam getting diesel in oil
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Burning more fuel black smoke from exhaust oil level rising
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi John sorry for delay,

Fuel in oil can be cause by fuel pump, injectors or injector o-rings, cracked head.

Most common cause of this issue is the fuel pump leaking past front seal into crankcase causing all your other issues.

They do sell a dye you can add to fuel and run engine then use a black light to find leaking injectors or o-rings, then if they where not leaking you remove fuel pump and look for traces of dye around pump drive.

Click here for dye kit

Thanks

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

one other thing, only if you have stc injectors the control valve on drivers side of block at the rear can leak fuel into oil.

The control valve uses fuel and oil to control injector timing.

Please don't forget to rate with stars so I get credit for my time.

Let me know if you have any questions, rating does not close question

Thanks