Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

2010 maxforce 13 no start no codes starts 2sec dies

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ! My name is ***** ***** Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ? And perhaps it would be quicker and better to help diagnose this using Skype audio . I will send the offer !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The last 8 of the VIN is AJ208633.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Thanks . This sounds like a fuel problem for sure .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Possible Causes for low side fuel pressure low :

• Blocked pre-filter or filter element in the housing
  • Blocked fuel strainer element
  • Fuel line damage or blockage
  • Failed high pressure pump
  • Air leak in suction side fuel line or filter assembly
  • Combustion gases entering fuel supply system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You can take out the fuel pressure regulator and pump the hand pump and fuel comes right out, no restriction. With the hand pump you can build up plenty of low side pressure. Then you can start it after aprox 10 seconds of cranking, runs for 2 seconds then dies.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

And no engine light or no codes at all ?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I work for a dealer and so this would be way easier to diagnose together on Skype together ... Are you sure you won't try that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No code or engine light, I can take loose the high pressure line and there is no high pressure there. Is a phone call an option, my number is(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Sorry ... I only use Skype . But it would be easier to troubleshoot together on there ! We can have an audio chat while diagnosing the issue at hand until the problem is resolved .

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Are you still there ?