Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

Mr. Cat Man, Can you tell me when it is necessary to use an

Customer Question

Mr. Cat Man, Can you tell me when it is necessary to use an undersizer spacer plate on a c15 engine. I have two different accert engines with reoccuring head gasket problems. Both of these engine have head horsepower upgrade to around 650hp and 2050 torque. I was just curious as to if the undersize spacer plate was developed for high horse power engines.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
The undersized spacer plate was designed for engines that have been cut to the max for shims. When the largest shim has been installed and you only need a few more thousandths, the thinner spacer plate can be used.
I hope this helps. Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.