Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Ive got a older pc2oo that is leaking grease between the

Customer Question

hi pearl ive got a older pc2oo that is leaking grease between the house and the track frame all around the circle we replaced the seal in the rotator unit and bearings on the pinion but something is still washing grease out around the house the rotator is still full of oil help? cy
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I can't thionk of any thing else cy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The swing case pinion seal and bearing failure is the only way for oil to mix with the swing cavity grease and turn it into soup for it to leak. I am assuming you thoroughly cleaned out the swing cavity when you had the swing gearbox out. It is time consuming but needs to be done and new grease installed. There is a bottom cover to help drain and with the swing gearbox out you use a forklift or other machine to chain to the bucket and rotate the machine a foot or two at a time and scoop it out into 5 gallon buckets and a lot of shop towels and brake clean until it is clean. Then repack with new grease. Let me know