Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

2006 cat C7. Just tried to start it but it would only

Customer Question
2006 cat C7. Just tried to...
2006 cat C7.
Just tried to start it but it would only crank...waited a minute and did the same thing..
Let it sit for 5 minutes and it started right up..
I've had this rig for 10 years and this is the first time it didn't start right away.. Recently I had the HEUI Pump sensor replaced and a full PM service. Was running great up til this morning..
was showing I had 44 psi with a threshold of 65.. usually its around 55 psi in the morning..
No check engine lights came on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/30/2016
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 1 year ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
When you say it's normally around 55 psi, are you referring to the fuel pressure?
Also, when the engine would not start, did the yellow check engine light come on when you turned the key to the on position?
Cat Man
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert