Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I am looking at buying an 8x4 Mitsubishi Fuso which is set

Customer Question

I am looking at buying an 8x4 Mitsubishi Fuso which is set up as a horse truck.
I have no mechanical sense what so ever and am after some advise as to this type of trucks engine history/capability etc
It is a 1992 Mitsubishi Fuso, Engine No. 8DC101AZ8270
It has just had a reconditioned engine but still has over 820,000kms.
Am I best to steer away with these high kms or are these trucks made to just keep going as long as regularly serviced etc….?
Thank you
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

If that is the Kms on the new engine, walk away if the price is average cost to high. You want it to be cheap for it is right near to needing a new engine, again. These engines will give only around 900,000 to 1,000,000 Kms max before they are too tired to perform. At that type of Kms on this engine, it most likely uses oil due to worn rings which is money down the drain.

I would only get it if it is well maintained, with papers, dirty oil with no signs of leaks. If the oil is clean, they are hiding something. That is a sales gimmick. Wash the engine, clean oil to hide the leaks and the blowby when the oil gets worn.

Start the engine and if you see oil dripping off the blow by, walk away. That means the engine is worn out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.