Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Service a/c light on in dash good a/c charge no power at a/c

Customer Question
clutch JA: We'll do all we...
service a/c light on in dash good a/c charge no power at a/c clutch
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: 2002 international 4300 need to know to read codes or clear them
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: blower switch works
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/22/2016
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here is to have a fully compatible scan tool hooked up to your model to read out all fault codes set with this issue here.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I have seen issues with broken ac compressor wiring or ac clutch relay failure or even an internal fault in the heater control or engine computer cause this type of fault here needing replaced.Most of the time it is broken or damaged wiring leading to the ac compressor or the fuse/relay panels or to the computer that causes this issue.

If you have already read out the codes note the code numbers and clear them out and see if the ac operates then.If it does not and the codes come back post the code number and info here on these codes.

This will need checked into further to help locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You don't need a scan tool to pull the codes for the A/C.

CLICK HERE and follow these steps.

Give me the full codes that include even the 2 digits after them and I can tell you which part is wrong on the A/C by those codes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician