Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

On a t440 kw 2014 on the firewall there is a 15a fuse on the

Customer Question
on a t440 kw 2014 on...
on a t440 kw 2014
on the firewall there is a 15a fuse on the wall on the washer fluid casing
how do I hook up my wire on it
Im think its the starter but not sure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/21/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

not sure I understand your question

can you explain a little more ,Please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is a 15 amp fuse that should have 2 wire hooked up to them BUT HOW
this is in front of the firewall on the side od the washer fluid cover
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vin 424917 T440 2014
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Can you take a picture of what you're looking at and attach it with the paperclip so I have an idea of what wire it is and where it is located? I can match it up to the one in the yard here and see what is not hooked up.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That... Battery to block, block to starter. That is the main fuse block to keep the starter from burning up. That isn't a 15 amp. Its's a 150 amp. You probably can't read the 0.

If the truck is starting, it was probably bypassed. They act up a lot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well it doesn't start could you send me a picture of one that you have

I left already.

It is a battery cable to the side closest to you and the side farther goes right to the starter. There are no other lines. Just those 2.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that rear solenoid has nothing to do with starter?

That is a magnetic switch. It powers the ignition wire for the starter. That box is a large protection inline fuse for the starter's cranking to prevent the batteries from overheating when starting the truck.

They have two different jobs.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the job for the fuse than below it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when should the box have power

You're starting to go off the original question which is not allowed here. You asked how to hook it up and I told you.

I also explained what the box is and what it does.

Now we are going in circles and this is getting drug out. I mean since 930AM and no payment to me on top of that.

Good day.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the 2 wirews on that block say on them air intake on both of them then
those must go to the terminal below
Will give you 5 stars if you help me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
excuse me in front I mean

I already did.

Have a good day.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician