Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Vehicle Speed Sensor. Air tempertaure circuit hig. Those are the codes...

Customer Question
Vehicle Speed Sensor JA: We'll do...
Vehicle Speed Sensor
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Truck Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: air tempertaure circuit hig
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Truck Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: those are the codes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Truck Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/17/2016
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 1 year ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

What engine do you have? DO you have the code numbers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
60 series detroit
54 Vehicle Speed Sensor
air temperature circuit high

Thanks for the information. I will opt out and see if a Detroit expert can help.

Technician: Justin Hebert,
 replied 1 year ago
Justin Hebert

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

In regards ***** ***** vehicle speed sensor, do you have any weird reading from the speedometer? and do you have the SPN and FMI codes that it is showing? The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is located at the rear or the transmission just infront of the driveshaft. You will see the ring that it reads, depending on your transmission the position of the sensor may vary, but is normally located on the left side, about the 9 o'clock position.

As for the Air Temperature Sensor, I have seen this one to many times, if you open the hood, the sensor is normally located on the left (drivers) side of the truck near the front bumper. Sometimes it gets tucked down inside if you have the plastic bumper corners. The location of the sensor makes it easy for the wires to rub on brackers, framework, or the bumper, causing damage to the wires. Start by inspecting the wiring for the sensor.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Justin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thanks i changed sensor and check engine light went out. I took the air filter out and ran it down the street and back and had no white puffs of smoke but when I put the air filter back in it was like there was some type of little white puffs of smoke out of exhaust and very little break up could the white puffs of smoke mean a head gasket
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As far as for the vehicle speed sensor it didn't throw another code for that no weird things with speedometer but the cruise control is not working now
Technician: Justin Hebert,
 replied 1 year ago

would be weird that it is only smoking with the air filter in, if it were a head gasket. Can you hold the filter to light and still see light thru it clearly?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the filter is brand-new out of the box
Technician: Justin Hebert,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have any codes showing when this comes up? Any engine hesitation? or loss of power? What year is this engine, is it EGR?

Justin Hebert
Justin Hebert
Justin Hebert