Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2005 w900 with c15 when you get in hard pull hear chirping

Customer Question

2005 w900 with c15 when you get in hard pull hear chirping almost clicking coming from under hood or I believe that where coming from replaced idler and tensioners but still doing it only does in hard pull so hard to find it
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the pulleys and belts for glaze, wear, rough or loose bearings , etc. Check the turbo and turbo piping for damage or leaks. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took belts off ran truck still same noise when truck reaches 25 lbs of boost no visible leaks around turbo any ideas thanks at a loss driving me crazy had drive line checked also it is all tight and good

Thanks for the update... It would not be the fan hub or pulleys if they arent turning. Pressure test the charge air cooler and the intake piping. use a soapy water solution to check for bubbles indicating leaks. Remove the intake boot from the turbo and spin it by hand to see if it is contacting the housing at all. Let me know Check the clutch and throwout bearing and try greasing it to see if the noise may be in that area as well. Let me know

Hi Did you get this resolved?