Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a Cummins 5.9L motor powered by propane only on a

Customer Question

I have a Cummins 5.9L motor powered by propane only on a Molly Trolley on a Freightliner Chassis. It suddenly has a problem starting. It seems like it is starting good for like a second or two and immediately stops. If you keep trying to get it to run it seems like it might but it never does start.
It has plenty of propane in the tanks. We tried seeing if there was oil in the propane filter and it was dry... Is there some kind of valve that stops the flow of fuel if there is no feedback from the engine? If so where is it located? Any other ideas? Thanks. - Ed
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.

If it is setup like a normal propane system it should have a shutoff solenoid near the tanks follow the line from the tank to the solenoid it should have power when key is on and constant ground if it has power when key is on crack the line after the solenoid to see if it is getting fuel out of the shut off if it is not most solenoids can be tooken apart and cleaned it may be stuck let me know if you need further assistance.