Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Toby, my name is***** recently bought a 93 Peterbilt with

Customer Question

Hi Toby, my name is***** recently bought a 93 Peterbilt with 12.7 DDEC4 430/470 engine. Drove the truck about 7hrs to my home and noticed consistent low power and low turbo boost. No smoke, No CEL. I work at a heavy truck shop and brought my truck here for tying up the odds and ends. I found that some things weren't connected properly and the engine in the truck is a 2001 model DDEC4 500hp rating. I repaired the datalink connections from the firewall to the ECM, connected laptop with DDDL software and found the ECM is a 430hp rating off of another engine. 20+ codes in the ECM. Cleared inactive codes, still have 11 active codes. ID/FMI: 172/3 26/4 54/4 110/3 110/0 249/12 58/4 59/4 253/2 253/12.
In the gauge view on DDDL it shows coolant temp is normal but ambient temp is 195*F I'm not sure where that sensor is if there is one, or if it will cause a derate. There is no low boost code and the turbo is new and CAC has been pressure tested OK. Person from Detroit tells me I need a new E
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. bare with me while I pull up your codes.
172 3 Air temp sensorTroubleshootingTroubleshooting 2
544Aux. Output #6 Open Circuit - X3 62264Aux. Output #1 Open Circuit - F3 Both flash code 62 Click here for the troubleshootingTroubleshooting
110-3Coolant Temperature Sensor Input Voltage HighShorted harness, faulty sensor, or ECm problem FMI 0 is actual high coolant temp detected
584PWM #2 Open Circuit 594PWM #3 Open Circuit
These faults are ECM faults and yes it means you have a faulty ECM. Click this link for the informationTroubleshooting 53-2532Nonvolatile Checksum Incorrect53-25312EEPROM Write Error