spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.
65057319

I need as calibrate the valve and injector m11

Customer Question

I need as calibrate the valve and injector for cummins m11
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jorge, here is procedureN-14 and M11 all engines but stc engines,,,,,,,, injector and valve settingsAll overhead (valve and injector) adjustments must be made when the engine is cold (any stabilized coolant temperature at 60°C [140°F] or below). The valves and the injectors on the same cylinder are adjusted at the same index mark on the accessory drive pulley.One pair of valves and one injector are adjusted at each pulley index mark before rotating the accessory drive to the next index mark.Two crankshaft revolutions are required to adjust all of the valves and injectors. Intake valve lash is .014" Exhaust valve lash is .027" Rotate the accessory drive in the direction of engine rotation. The accessory drive will rotate clockwise ,on a right hand engine, when looking at the front of the engine. Align the "A" or "1-6 VS" mark on the accessory drive pulley with the pointer on the gear cover. Loosen the electronic injector adjusting screw lock nut on cylinder number 1Bottom the injector timing plunger by tightening and loosening the adjusting screw three or four times to remove the fuel.When removing the excess fuel, do not apply crush to the injector timing plunger by further tightening the adjusting screwafter the plunger is bottomed.Doing so will result in an incorrect injector lash setting and can cause excessive injection train wear. Tighten the adjusting screw on the injector rocker lever until the timing plunger just touches bottom,Back out the adjusting screw on the injector rocker lever two flats (120 degrees).Hold the adjusting screw and tighten the lock nut.Torque Value: 65 n.m [50 ft-lb] Injector and Valve Adjustment SequenceBar Engine in Direction of Rotation Pulley Position Set CylinderInjector ValveStart A A 1 1Advance to B 5 5Advance to C 3 3Advance to A 6 6Advance to B 2 2Advance to C 4 4Firing Order: 1-5-3-6-2-4 I'm an independent contractor, “I am only paid for my work on this question from the website if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
I took the time to answer your question Please take the time to reply/Rate me with stars at top of page.If you are still having a issue we can discuss that after a positive rating.Thank You!.