Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a Mack truck 2009 and have a code that keep on popping

Customer Question
up code #mid128, Psid25 and...
I have a Mack truck 2009 and have a code that keep on popping up code #mid128, Psid25 and fmi 0 When the truck run it stop by it'self
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/18/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence! This is an issue with the aftertreatment heater on the truck. CLICK HERE for the diagnostic sheet for this code. With this being a FMI 0, you might need the PTT program to reset the code and then have a parked regen done to se if the compressor bypass valve on the turbo is acting up. When it acts up, it doesn't let the catalyst get hot enough and it throws this code, then the regen doesn't preform properly, and it will soot load the dpf filter. You don;t want it to get to that bad for if it does, the filter will need to be removed and baked or possibly even replaced.__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We check all of the above This is a admission 2007 there no DEF THE ONE YOU GAVE ME IS FROM A 2010 , BUT THE TRUCK IS A 2009, NEED MORE INFO WHAT IT COULD BE , I CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SENT IT TO ME
Did you use the Mack kit to test the air valve? Do you have PTT to do a regen and check the temps? The fire temp sensor could be defective and giving a low reading, but you will need to monitor the regen temps to be certain. The code is the same for the 2007 and 2010 EPA. It still means the same thing. You still have a aftertreatment heater aka catalyst on the truck.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't have to do regend because was all deleted....
That is why you have the codes and the issues. The truck was modified. I'm going to opt out since the delete was done. I'm not allowed to work on a truck under my license that has a delete done under my federal EPA laws. I value my livelihood. Please don't respond for another tech won't be able to assist and I will get locked back on.
I apologize, but I can't continue. Good luck.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi, My name is***** codes you are getting are related to the delete. The ECM is looking for those specific signals from the sensors which they are programmed to do. So unless you find someone who has a completely different software program or put the truck back the way it was designed to work, you are going to have these problems. People try to get around this all the time and the only true way to do that is buy and older truck and rebuild it.
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson