Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

How to retrieve fault codes on 2008 peterbilt with cat engine.

Customer Question

How to retrieve fault codes on 2008 peterbilt with cat engine. Is there any way to over ride stop engine light due to regin to get to dealer
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
Unfortunately there is no way to pull flash codes on a Cat after 2006. I am sorry. When the new emission engines came out. Cat did away with the flash code system. The only way to read codes is with Cat ET software. I am sorry.
If the red engine light is coming on due to regen issues. Unfortunately there is no way to bypass. Sorry. Believe me I wish there was.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.