William Herren
William Herren, OWNER
Experience:  Mechanic at HERREN INDUSTRIAL GROUP
94300771

D5k will not turn off

Customer Question

d5k will not turn off
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  William Herren replied 1 year ago.
Hello, so that I can accurately help you with this issue please provide model number, serial number and arrangement number. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cat d5k serial number yyy0709
i have never seen trim codes cause an over fueling issue. I have installed injectors and left same trim codes due to not having my laptop with me and it's always been fine till I made it back out there to program. Are u able to key on and check for fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No active fault codes at all
No intake restriction no exhaust restriction
It's almost like the fuel pump is stuck over fueling. I tried to cut out all cylinders at one with et and cut power to pump solinoid and the engine ran on for over 2 min before stallIng I'm going to pull return lines and check for restriction. Only the injectors were changed. Machine ran with old injectors but threw low rail pressure when worked hard.
If the trim code were incorrect it would give a fault 0268-02 programmed parameter fault erratic, intermittent, or incorrect. Since you have no active codes then the trim codes are not your problem. I hope this answered your question. If more information is need please let me know, otherwise I would appreciate a 5 star rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did not answer my question as the machine is still not running properly
Do I have to do any other calibrations after the injectors are replaced ? I know in my 6.6 in the loader when I replaced injections I had to get it to 150 degrees and do a injector calibration
There are no other steps necessary after programming trim files, the only other step after assembling would be to prime fuel system. Since it will start and run I believe you have that step covered. The engine shuts off by interrupting the fuel supply. The engine ECM specifies the amount of fuel. The quantity of the fuel that is required by the ECM is set to zero shutting the engine off. With your engine still running after you key off leads me to believe you have injectors leaking off causing the engine to continue to run after shut off. This would also cause your over-fueling issue. Do you still have your old injectors you removed?
Do you still need assistance, otherwise I will close this question out.