Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

When i attempt to start my 247b skid steer all i get is a click

Customer Question

When i attempt to start my 247b skid steer all i get is a click ay the solenoid i removed, changed and cleaned up the nut and wiring on the end of the solenoid and it started fine for 8 or 10 starts and all i get now is the click again. Jow do i remove the starter for repair?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: When turning right i hear a distinct whine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check the battery voltage at the switch wire on the solenoid when you turn switch to start and solenoid clicks. If it s full battery voltage, 12+, the solenoid needs to be replaced. If less than 12 volts, you need to check for bad wire or bad connection in the switch circuit.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you find problem?