Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have a 2009 ud 1400 w/ 4.7 diesel. it has low power and

Customer Question
check eng light is on...
have a 2009 ud 1400 w/ 4.7 diesel. it has low power and check eng light is on. i know there is a connector somewhere under dash the lets me flash codes- i cant find the connector- i found the obd port - next to it are single wires tagged a, b, e, ign,and dpf. ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/11/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi Todd, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I dig this up. In the meantime here is the codes list.11 Crank Angle Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor12 Air Flow Meter/Mass Air Flow Sensor13 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor14 Vehicle Speed Sensor21 Ignition Signal22 Fuel Pump23 Idle Switch24 Throttle Valve Switch25 Idle Speed Control Valve28 Cooling Fan Circuit31 ECU32 EGR Function33 Heated Oxygen Sensor34 Knock Sensor35 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor36 EGR Control-Back Pressure Transducer37 Knock Sensor38 Right hand bank Closed Loop (B2)41 Intake Air Temperature Sensor42 Fuel Temperature Sensor43 Throttle Position Sensor45 Injector Leak47 Crankshaft Position Sensor51 Injector Circuit53 Oxygen Sensor54 A/T Control55 No Malfunction63 No. 6 Cylinder Misfire64 No. 5 Cylinder Misfire65 No. 4 Cylinder Misfire66 No. 3 Cylinder Misfire67 No. 2 Cylinder Misfire68 No. 1 Cylinder Misfire71 Random Misfire72 TWC Function right hand bank73 TWC Function right hand bank76 Fuel Injection System Function right hand bank77 Rear Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit82 Crankshaft Position Sensor84 A/T Diagnosis Communication Line85 VTC Solenoid Valve Circuit86 Fuel Injection System Function right hand bank87 Canister Control Solenoid Valve Circuit91 Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit right hand bank94 TCC Solenoid Valve95 Crankshaft Position Sensor98 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor101 Front Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit right hand bank103 Park/Neutral Position Switch Circuit105 EGR and EGR Canister Control Solenoid Valve Circuit108 Canister Purge Control Valve Circuit
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Nissan UD DieselID-TICS SystemPlace diagnostic switch in the Off position.Carry out diagnosis under the following three conditions:Place ignition switch in the On position.Crank engine.Start and operate engine.The trouble codes will be displayed by the flashing Engine Control Lamp and the Overheat Warning Lamp and the Overheat Warning Buzzer.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Trouble Code InterpretationMID-TICS SystemThe diagnostic trouble codes will be displayed by the check engine lamp. For example, a code 12 will be displayed by the check engine lamp flashing 1 time for approximately 1.2 seconds, followed by a .6 second pause, then 2 short flashes. Each trouble code will be displayed 3 times before the next trouble code is displayed.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Clearing Trouble Codes Turn the ignition key on.Turn the diagnostic mode selector on the ECU fully clockwise and wait more than two seconds then turn the selector fully counterclockwise. The ECCS system is now in mode 2.Turn the diagnostic mode selector on the ECU fully clockwise and wait more than two seconds then turn the selector fully counterclockwise. The ECCS system is now in mode 1. ECU memory is now erased.MID-TICS SystemRelease diagnostic switch.Place ignition switch in On position.Check that Overheat Warning Lamp is displaying Diagnostic Display Code.Connect memory clear connector(###) ###-####09, or a suitable jumper wire to reset switch terminals. The reset switch is located behind the electrical unit board.Check that Overheat Warning Lamp and Buzzer display shows Diagnostic Display Code 0–1. The System memory will be cleared in approximately 10 seconds.Remove connector or jumper wire from reset switch electrical connector.Connect electrical connector to reset switch.Place ignition switch in Off position.Place ignition switch in On position, then check Overheat Warning Lamp and Buzzer. Diagnostic Display Code 0–1 should be indicated.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this info doesn't seem to help. found ecu and cant see switch any where. I tried just starting it and no flashes. how do I pull codes. your stuff talks about a reset switch connector ??there is no diagnostic switch that I can find.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
I have the complete manual if you are interested I can send the premium service offer. It is difficult to transfer the information with diagrams to this chat box.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
its 549 pages of information for repair and troubleshooting with schematics
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
If there is no actual switch installed you will have to use a shorting plug or jumper wire at the connector.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
CLEARING DIAGNOSTIC MEMORYTo clear the diagnostic memory, short circuit the memory resetswitch at the behind the electrical unit board.<Procedure for Clearing>1.Release the diagnostic switch.2.Turn the ignition key switch ON.3.Check that the Overheat warning light is displaying theDiagnosis Display Code.4.Connect the harness or memory clear connector (2400400Z09) to the memory reset switch terminal, and short cir-cuit the switch.NOTE When connecting the harness, the battery voltage isapplied to the Y/R cord side, so be careful not to shortcircuit any other part.5.Check that the Overheat warning light and buzzer displayshows the normal Diagnosis Display Code (0-1). The mem-ory will be erased in about ten seconds.6.Remove the special connector or harness from the memoryreset switch terminal.7.Connect the diagnostic switch.8.Turn the ignition key switch OFF, then turn the ignition keyswitch ON again and check that the Overheat warningbuzzer shows code <0-1>.NOTE If the ignition key switch is turned ON with the sensor ter-minals still disconnected, a trouble signal will berecorded in the memory
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Sorry upper left
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Try that and let me know if you are interested in the complete manual in PDF which goes over the complete fault code and troubleshooting procedures with schematics.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
dan. do you have a pinout of the ecu w/ functions and wire colors. perhaps more of the one you sent . I cant find any connectors or wire ends w/ the colors on the diagrams. anywhere under the dash,
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
The Diagnostic Connector is under the dash on the passenger side. Please get me the complete engine model information from the engine ID tag
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
engine model #jo5d-tf. engine family 8hmxho4.7tf. hino motors. mfd mar 2008. Vehicle is a 2009 ud 1400
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know what wire from the ecu to jump to pull codes. I am assuming I jump 1 wire to ground. I need to know which wire and pin # ***** the ecu. I cant just ground every pigtail I see . I need more to go by. please and thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still waiting for pinout. which wire to ground at ecu to pull codes ???? . assuming that is how its done ? which wire to short together to erase ?? assuming that is how it is done too. somebody must have this info. do you think you can help or not. I need to get this fixed. thanks
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Hi Todd, I have a full time repair business and have been busy on jobs, etc. I will opt out and someone else might be able to take over and help from here since you need immediate assistance.
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today. I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!This is what I refer to when I work on the UD trucks to get the codes to start coming up. CLICK HERE__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back. Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,they are not the site feedback. Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer! Jeremy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi jeramy- I am a 25 year repair shop owner w/ 5 employees I am vary experienced . I just need information that I cant seem to find. I have identifix and am a sponcering member of iatn. have Mitchell also. I like to say I can fix anything but I cant even pull codes out of this truck . nobody has an answer and they are all different. Nissan dealer doesn't even know. somebody must work on these things and know how to pull a code. your way doesn't work either I think from what i"ve been reading is for lighter vehicles .help me please I will pay for help but not for bull. .thanks. twmse
I use the method I sent or a code reader that pulls the UD info. I don't know of any other way. Some of the older UD trucks have a diagnostic switch just behind the OBD port to the left side or a diagnostic switch to the left of the driver. If you do't have either, I'm not sure. I work on them, but I use a scanner so I don't have the need for the diagnostic switch. I will opt out since I couldn't help you further in this. I wish I could have.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Hi Todd It's Dan. originally I was looking at the Nissan/Toyota option on these and not the Hino engine Since that information was not originally provided. I uploaded the ECM pinouts for you for the Hino. Click this link. Pin 68 SW16 on the ECM is the diag switch pin. ECM pinouts
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Hi Todd, Did you get this resolved? The ECM pinouts are in the link I posted above. Let me know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did find out how to pull codes . it was the single wire pigtail labled (E). turn the key on and ground the wire. it is a code for the dpf. code 91. it apparently cant be troubleshot without a consult scanner. I sent this one down the road. I know you guys tried. but all I got is wrong info. I wasted a lot of time on this one. maybe this post will help somebody else. sorry and thanks
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson