Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

How do you access the back up light switch to replace on a

Customer Question
2006 peterbilt 379 manual transmission?...
how do you access the back up light switch to replace on a 2006 peterbilt 379 manual transmission?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/9/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. It is a tough place to get to. I sometimes will twist like a pretzel around the side of the driveshaft and get in a position to reach on and remove the switch after disconnecting the wires unless there is too much in the way mounted to the frame or a wet system with hoses etc. and in that case it is easiest to remove the shift boot screws and lift the boot to go through the top.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
If you have trouble that way, there is a section of the floor under the mat that can be removed for access to the top of the transmission. Let me know
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson