Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Good afternoon, I need a troubleshooting tree DTC 525

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I need a troubleshooting tree for a DTC 525 code (spn 254 fmi 6) on a June 2006 Navistar. Last 8 of vin 6H250126. I also have an active code DTC 534 (spn 221 fmi 4). I know that one is because my fuse keeps blowing for IDM. I just want to browse through the 525 troubleshooting tree.
Thanks,
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jr my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the complete engine model and serial number?
Hi JR, You have a failed IDM. That is what that fault is.Injector Driver Module (IDM) fault - ReplaceIDM.525SID 2546
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no t/s tree for this code?
dt466E?
What chassis model is this in? 4300? etc? I will pull up some diagrams and information for you but I have PDF files and manuals and can not look all this up by VIN. I just need the ending model and the chassis model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dt466. egr
yes it's a 4300.
check for corrosion and shorted wiring and connections from the battery box to the IDM relay which is common.Verify power and ground to the IDM and if ok try to obtain a test IDM to confirm a failed IDM. I will post some diagrams to help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
466hm2u2073328. esn
Click on this link for the schematics.Schematics 1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what im looking for now, specifically, is the ts tree for code. im dealing with a warranty issue on this idm. it's only a week Old. old one had a dead driver for number six cylinder. unit ran fine for a week then just wouldn't start and i have the two mentioned codes active. i verified i have no shorts on entire power supply harness. pulled out from batteries to fuse panel. no short or open. that's why I'm looking for tree instructions on that specific code.
Ok i will see if I can pull that up for you.