Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I am getting a check engine light along with exhast symble

Customer Question
with exclamation mark in it...
I am getting a check engine light along with exhast symble with exclamation mark in it and loss of power but when engine is turned off and restarted the lights turn off and power is regained for about 30 miles give or take then lights reappear along with lose of power
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/16/2016
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 1 year ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist year, make, model and engine please???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2012 peterbuilt model 386 Cummings isx
ok thanks. do you have the code and engine serial number??? Roy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
don't have the code but the eng no is 79483829
I need the code in order to proceed. it will lead us to the problem, without it, it will only be a guess Roy
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. This shows over a month old and it just popped up on the board as a new question. Did you need assistance with this?
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson