Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 1993 international 9400 with an N14, I am

Customer Question

Hi I have a 1993 international 9400 with an N14, I am getting flash codes of 222, 422, 141, and 123, they flash out stop engine light so I assume they are active, all have to do with 5 volt reference, and I have checked all 5 volt reference to sensor ok, could not find an oil pressure sensor on this engine, it is to early of an n14 for me to plug in laptop, has a 12 pin datalink connector
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Let me look up these codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I only have 141 and 422 for codes
They are all related to the oil pressure sensor as you are aware. here is the link for testing and troubleshooting
All of the codes are shown in that troubleshooting link I posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get that link to open up
Let me load it a different way
Click this linkTroubleshooting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like in the wiring diagram that the oil pressure sensor and coolant level sensor uses the same return wire, I check resistance from pin 13 in ecm connector to return pin on coolant level sensor and I have 800,000 ohms, which in know is high, at the oil pressure sensor return to pin 13 on ecm connector I have .8 ohms, I don't understand if those two returns use the same pin at ecm connector I would think that the return pin on oil pressure sensor would read the same as the coolant level sensor return any advice?
sounds like there is a problem in the wiring or connector pins. Check for corrosion in the wires or connector pins and for darkened/green wiring from corrosion or for any splices, connectors, or damage. This would cause high resistance in the harness as well as a shorted wire
Please remember to rate as that is how the experts get credit for their time on the site.