Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Driver was driving normal, and out of no where truck shut

Customer Question

driver was driving normal, and out of no where truck shut down on him, now he states that truck is stuck in gear and wont turn on. it is a freightliner fld(###) ###-####with det. 60 series 12.7 l
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you still need some help with this? Let me know and I will be glad to try to help. Let me know if you have any fault codes logged. Also what transmission is in this truck? Autoshift?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not auto shift, meritor 10 speed
Is this the meritor transmission with the electric solenoids for the range shift? Do you have the model from the ID tag?
If the truck shutdown, there is likely fault codes logged. Does he know how to pull flash codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats the one
They are known to go through shift knobs, harness issues and solenoids on the range shift cylinder. But to why the truck shut down, what was the chain of events? Stop engine light and then a shutdown? Let me know what is logged for fault codes
Hi, Did you get this resolved? If not let me know and I can help with the test information from the manual.
Actually, Click on this linkTroubleshooting
It will be great to have on hand with this model transmission. Please remember to rate as that is how the site credits the experts for their time helping on the site