roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks
Experience:  Shop Froeman for Freightliner Trucks
3506196

Dose anybody know where is the location of an oil temp

Customer Question

Hello dose anybody know where is the location of an oil temp sensor on a freightliner cascadia 2009 with a detroit series 60 engine 14L.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist what leads you to believe this is bad. having trouble locating it. there is one for the DD motors clearly but looking for the 60. did it code??? Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks roy. Yes its sending a code saying that oil temp sensor might be bad thats what its saying in the dddl software .

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
ok, what is the code??? Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont have the code right now. I diagnosed it on saturday with the sofware and came to a conclusion that it was the sensor thats bad and i just want to replace it now and if it comes back on i will hook up the computer with the software again but right now i dont have it with me

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
ok got you. there is a sensor on the top of the head on passenger side back of the motor sticking up. the oil pressure sensor is on the drivers side back of the head. I believe the temp is the one on the passenger side on top of the head. disconnect it and see if it sets a different code. Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you know how can i check the code cause i dont have the software with me right now and i woulndt know which one is active

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
look at the dash. it will read out the codes. write them down if they come up. Roy
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
look for a code 175
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I checked that sensor on the head on the pasenger side and coolant came out. I think that was the coolannt temp sensor

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
yep, I agree. sorry. I see that it sets a 175 code and it is there. the other place it may be that would make sense is at the oil cooler. check on the cooler where the oil filters are located Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
let me know. I am still looking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea theres nothing on the oil cooler.

Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** on my end
Expert:  roybelding replied 1 year ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy