Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have a cummins n14 engine the injector lash is 0 but 6

Customer Question
pounds of torque is the...
I have a cummins n14 engine the injector lash is 0 but 6 pounds of torque is the 6 pounds after the injector lever bolt bottom out or before it bottom out and do I hold the rocker tube for the injector to tih ghten to 6 pounds
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
4/3/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this Bottom the injector timing plunger by tightening and loosening the adjusting screw three or four times to remove the fuel. When removing the excess fuel, do not apply crush to the injector timing plunger by further tightening the adjusting screw after the plunger is bottomed Bottom the injector timing plunger by tightening and loosening the adjusting screw three or four times to remove the fuel. When removing the excess fuel, do not apply crush to the injector timing plunger by further tightening the adjusting screw after the plunger is bottomed I hope this helped you Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
What is the engine serial number?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wayne I have done that the answer that I need to know is after doing that from what point do I torque the injector to 6 pounds Ineed indept please
Run the overhead as normal as long as the oil is out of the tubes and rockers the injector will be set at 6 in lbs than continue to the valve adjustment. Always adjust the injector first there is no need to hold the push tube to adjust the overhead.please don't forget to rate my service
Hi I started this question with you I will finish it up with you Sorry the other expert jumped inafter you squeeze the fuel out of the injector 2-3 times , then torque to 6 in Lbs Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
once all the fuel is out of the injectors do I adjust the injector lever bolt to six pound at that time or do I LOOSE OFF THE injector lever bolt or do I just hold injector tube because I AM TRYING TO adjust the injectors properly
HI Yes loosen then to 6 in lbs, Torque no need to hold the tube Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
HI I am sorry the other expert keeps butting ingiving same answers, just want to apologize to you Wayne
This expert has performed the repair many times without issue..Run the overhead as normal as long as the oil is out of the tubes and rockers the injector will be set at 6 in lbs than continue to the valve adjustment. Always adjust the injector first there is no need to hold the push tube to adjust the overhead.please don't forget to rate my service
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got all the fuel out and turn the torque wrench to 6 pound ready to start the engine. It didn't hold the injector push rod tub injector shouldn't be bottomed out
The 6 in lbs provides the clearance your fine
HiThank you for thatAgain I am sorry for the other expert butting inwhen I started with youBy Know I would think, he should know to step side after you released the the fuel, 2-3 timesthen cranking, is should build up the pressurealso the expert he is referring to is Myself Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Thank you for allowing Just Answer to assist. Please don't forget to rate my service
Hi Just doing a follow up with you how did this work out for you let me know, please Wayne
Hi Just follow up with you I took the time to answer your questionPlease take the time to respond to me Wayne
Wayne, Journeyman