Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2005 freightliner m2 with a mbe 4000 just had the

Customer Question

I have a 2005 freightliner m2 with a mbe 4000 just had the compressor replace right after it replace I have a oil leak coming from the area the compressor is took it back to freightliner they told me it the crankcase filter houseing need resealing how do i get to it or what need to be reseal I think they did it when they replace the compressor but of course they say they did not do it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes like what
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Do you have the engine serial number by chance?

See PDF page 5 here.... If they removed the hose and disturbed the seal then yes they touched it to get to the compressor

https://ddcsn-ddc.freightliner.com/cps/rde/xbcr/ddcsn/1-mbe4000-04a.pdf

http://www.ddcsn.com/cps/rde/xbcr/ddcsn/DDC-SVC-MAN-0056.pdf

Or PDF page 21..... You will see it is right at the compressor area they were working in....