go-west..
go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.
35815791

I have a 2003 Kenworth Tractor with a Cat C-15, single turbo

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Kenworth Tractor with a Cat C-15, single turbo 475 horsepower. 1.9 million miles on it.
VIN 1XKADB9XX3J705296
Over the last 12 months the truck has gotten very sensitive about it's fuel filters being replaced frequently. We have to replace them about every 8000 miles. If don't it starts spitting and sputtering. We change the filters and then back to normal. We have to change both fuel filters. I make sure to use Cat filters on it. 1R0749 and(###) ###-####Is this normal? What can be done?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.

that is strange

Seems to soon but im thinking eather your buying fuel that has biodiesel in it which can plug filters quick or the fuel docks your are going has poor fuel ie: water in it.can't see it being a engine concern but a fuel concern have a look in your tanks,,make sure they are clean and if they are,consider a fuel addtive,let me know if you have anymore questions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. What kind of additive?
Expert:  go-west.. replied 1 year ago.
WWW.Biofuelsystems.com
Check them out sir