Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

2007 freightliner century went dead code came on

Customer Question

2007 freightliner century went dead code came on transmission fault turn off then turn on it started back working fine come to stop sign sometimes it doesn't want to pull off turn off and on again it work fine
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What needs to be done from here is to have a scan tool connected to your vehicle that can plug into your vehicles data port and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle to read out the fault codes that have set with this issue here.Once this has been done any codes that are set for the transmission fault need diagnosed and repaired to correct this here.

The computer has picked up on a transmission component fault.Having the codes read out is the first step to locate the fault.This is most likely an issue with a sensor or solenoid in the transmission if you can reset it by turning off and on the key again.If it was a mechanical component at fault usually turning the key off and then on again would not correct this here.

If this only occurred after a dead battery issue this may just be a code set that needs cleared out with a scan tool to take it out of limp mode or possibly transmission shift adaptations or other relearns may need done with a scan tool to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You don't need a computer connected for initial codes on a Eaton transmission. You can also reset the codes without the computer.

CLICK HERE for the steps to get the codes to show on the display and to reset the codes that are stored in the transmission.

Please let me know what codes you do have so I can guide you further in this matter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy