Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

Code 131 with no throttle response replaced tps .ohm

Customer Question

Code 131 with no throttle response replaced tps .ohm readings were fine from tps to ecm. This is an intermittent problem. Almost a daily occurrence.sometimes they limp it back using cruise switches and sometimes that doesn't work. They always manage to get it back to the shop. Thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ecm pin numbers 27 -3-8-11 APS (tps) a,b,C,d
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the year, make, model, engine of the vehicle you're working on? I'm presuming a International due to the 3 digit flash code.

Have you tried a test ECM? If the signal is good going to the ECM and you have no other codes at all, then the ECM itself is faulting out. I would first try a software update and if that doesn;t work, then use a test ECM and see what happens. If it continues with a test ECM, then replace the engine harness for one of the connections (which could be anywhere) is interfering with the signal or it is causing a small short just enough to make the truck go to limp and lose throttle.

Also check all powe and ground connections, including the fuse box to ECM and the batteries to ECM. If you have a slight lower voltage at anytime due to a bad wire, it can also cause this and not throw a code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

do you still need assistance?