Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a Freight liner 2500 w a B5.9E cummins in it. I am…

Customer Question
I have a Freight liner...
I have a Freight liner 2500 w a B5.9E cummins in it. I am removing the Tappet cover due to an oil leak. My question is about the Fuel pump. I know the engine should be at top dead center which puts the fuel pump key at 7 o'clock. What are some other important things to look out for?
Can you recommend a website for torques settings and step by step instructions or do I really need that.
If I need a puller, what style should I look for
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/7/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Got to Cummins directly on their website and sign up for the owner's plan. You get free access to the manuals with all the torques needed for the job.

Besides having the engine on TDC and the fuel pump at TDC to match it, there is no other major issue to be concerned about with this engine. It is one of the easier engines to work on that Cummins has.

CLICK HERE for the owner info so you can register for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

will you be available tomorrow when I am working on the engine

I'll be on an off throughout the day.

Did you sign up on the owner's site?

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.