Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 09 w900 can't find problem with power window on…

Customer Question
I have a 09 w900...
I have a 09 w900 can't find problem with power window on drivers side check fuse still no power
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2016
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common issue I have seen in quite a few models in the past before with this type of fault here is damaged or corroded wiring that runs from the body to the door at the door hinge area.I would inspect the wiring for any issues and if any issues are found then the wiring will need repaired or replaced.Most of the time it can be repaired.You may have to pull back the rubber wiring loom most have that surround the wiring going into the door to inspect it.If this is found o.k. I would inspect the wiring inside the door for any broken or damaged wires needing repaired.

If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hello Pete
On the purple plug that plugs into the drivers door module' there's a red/black wire that has constant 12v power with key switch turned on. Also 12v to red wire up to window switch.
With a meter, after the window switched is pushed down or up position' it sends 4v to the smaller wires out of the switch and 4v into the module. No issues here. Iv check ground wire, no problems with it.
There's a orange/black wire that is also in purple plug which is plugged into module, there's suppose to be 12v constant even with key switch is off position. When there's 12v on this wire the module seems to be working...hear it click once. But then the orange/black wire only shows 10v. As window switch is pushed. All power is lost to the orange/black wire until the switch is released, then there's 10v again...if leave meter on this wire, voltage stays just over 10v which don't seem correct and then outta no where it get 12v again. So in summary; main power wire is ok supplying 12v with key switch...window switch is ok, has 12v to it and sending correct voltage to module. The orange/black wire I think is my problem...has major power lose after switch is pressed...hold window switch on the orangle/black wire will show 0v....is pressed quickly and released, with show voltage lose and then come to 10v...little while it will suddenly spike back up to 12v. I'm thinking this wire is my problem.
Not sure where this wire leads to in the harness, fuse panel and main power supplyAny response would be great!
Is there anyplace I can get a wiring diagram for window wiring all the way to fuse panel?

Unfortunately I don't have a diagram on this myself but it sounds like high resistance/loose connection to the main power feeds into the switch or module.It will show 10 or 12 volts but when power is needed to operate the window the draw pulls the power down to 0 due to a poor connection or damaged or corroded wiring.

You might have to trace and check the wiring to locate the source the from there it can be repaired to correct this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic