Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2006 peterbilt c15 engender code j1939 is showing,

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2006 peterbilt c15 engender code j1939 is showing
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The truck is powering off for at least 2 seconds while driving on the road it has done it a lot
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be wrong with my truck
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. J1939 is the datalink harness that the ECM uses for communication. Inspect the ECM harness and connector pins for damage or corrosion and check the ECM power and grounds for loose connections. Check the ECM power wiring between the battery box and ECM as well for loose connections. there should be more numbers for your fault code. J1939 is a description and not the actual fault. Let me know the full code number or the flash codes you have in the ECM memory.

Here is a diagram that will help Identify your connector pins and wiring.