Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2003 Kenworth T2000 Cat C-12 engine with Eaton Automatic…

Customer Question
2003 Kenworth T2000 Cat C-12...
2003 Kenworth T2000 Cat C-12 engine with Eaton Automatic Trans. :: Power problem; Batteries are good, starter and solenoid have power. NO Power inside the truck. Replaced the ignition switch on the dash. Just doesn't have any power to the cab.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/4/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Steven, My name is***** will try to help. Sounds like a LVD Low voltage disconnect module problem. To bypass you connect the two large terminals together on the same post for test purposes. This is if all fuses and relays check good. I will have to see where it is burried in the particular model....

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

The T600 it is inside the drivers side side compartment towards the front wall. You will see the two big cables to it.

The posts that are used to jump the truck, instead of connecting to the batteries?
Daniel: This is a 2003 T2000 .... Does it have a LVD?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

I am trying to look through my files but I am not finding 2003 specifically to verify this. What is the last 8 of your VIN?

last 8 of the vin# *****
I do know that it basically has NO computer parts.. hehehe
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

I do not have a lot on the T2000 models... W 900 yes.... I am going to pass this one on to Jeremy or another expert. I am not sure when this will be picked up from the board but I believe Jeremy might have some diagrams on this for you.

Thank You, Daniel.
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

The T2000 and the T600 almost use the same diagrams. The body is just more aerodynamic is all. Otherwise, nearly everything is setup the same. The only differences you tend to find are around the dash harness.

This truck does have a LVD. I believe it is in the sleeper power box on this model. You will see a battery cable going to it and one coming out. The side towards the driver is the hot in, the side towards the passenger is the ground out. If it is messing up, it will cut off all power to the cab.

It's been awhile since I worked on the T2000 and I'm trying to remember that location off the top of my head... I know all the T2000s from 202 on had them because we worked on a fleet of 2002 models that had a ton of problems with them when we installed APUs on them. We had to bypass them to get the APUs to work correctly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

To bypass, just take the 2 cables and disconnect from the LVD and put them together, wrap in electrical tape to keep from sparking. Then when you get a chance, buy a new one. They do keep the batteries from going dead when parked and work quite well.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.