Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I'm ***** *****, My problem is I have a telsta boom that is…

Customer Question
I'm ***** ***** , ...

I'm ***** ***** ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My problem is I have a telsta boom that is a 90 model f600. over the week end my boom wont raise up after lifting it up and swinging it around to lower it so I can get in the basket

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2016
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Check for any wiring damage to the boom switches/controls that may be causing this issue here.If a fault is found with any wiring or switch/controls the fault will need repaired to correct this issue.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue here.I will need to know if it is making any noises when trying to actuate the lift on it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

When I engage the togle switch to lower and raise the boom , the relay does exactly what it's always done. But after I make the switch make the go down after its already down it then engages perment in the downward position on the relay and will not come disengage it hangs in the relay and will not become disengaged , and the only way I can make it become disengaged is I have to shut off the generator. Then I can crank the generator back up and it goes back to being disengaged . Then I can hit the togle switch again to raise the boom and it still won't raise up . But if I hit the togle switch in the downward position the relay stays engaged , then I have to shut down the generator again to disengaged the contact. After we worked with it a while and after we thought the Hydrolic oil was low , we had filled it back to the level and then the boom worked again the first time . I thought then it was fixed thinking it was low on oil. Then after a couple days I brought it to another job and right off the bat the same thing happened again . At this time the boom is still at the low side and cannot raise the boom . I can't find a over ride switch to manually raise the boom either.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Automotive Mechanic