Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 99 Mack Model RD6906 engine EM7 truck will start…

Customer Question
I have a 99 Mack...
I have a 99 Mack Model RD6906 engine EM7 truck will start tack will not work and only runs 3-4 seconds
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/2/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi David, My name is***** will be glad to help. Is the malfunction engine light on?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

What codes are you getting?

The malfunction light is not on and no codes
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see you replaces the speed sensors already. Check the harness and connector pins to be sure the ECM is actually getting the speed signal. You should have 5 V to the sensor and the ECM reads the return voltage

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Check the fuel lines between the tank and pump for leaks or restrictions sucking air. will it fire on silicone spray or ether?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Install a clear hose or site glass to check for air bubbles. If low fuel supply pressure you could have a faulty fuel transfer pump

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Low coolant will shut it down but would throw a code usually for shutdown