Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2007 Ford f-450 with a 6.0 powerstroke, I am having…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Ford...
I have a 2007 Ford f-450 with a 6.0 powerstroke, I am having an issue with the truck stalling/dying when pressing the throttle and will not set any codes. it will start and idle fine just though. I have recently replaced with ficm. ficm wiring harness and the main engine wiring harness. need help!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/2/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check for restrictions or leaks between the tank and pump causing low fuel pressure. Check for low fuel pressure for possible pump or regulator problems. Also check the ICP pressure with a 5000 PSI guage at the ICP sensor port to see if the pressure is around 870 PSI cranking and up to 4000 PSI high idle. If not put 12 V to the IPR to check max HPOP pump pressure. If low with no leaks in the rail or injector o rings the IPR is either sticking or the HPOP is bad. Be sure the IPR is working properly and the ICP sesnor is good

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

IPR

I have checked the high oil pressure when cranking and idling. they are both in range to the demanded pressure, when I replaced the wiring hiring harness I pulled the ipr out and checked the screen all was good. yes I will check the ipr out again
it almost feels like an electrical side issue the way it quickly cuts off. if checked the pressure when pressing the throttle and it stays neck and neck with the commanded pressure
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Unplug the ICP sensor and try starting.... This puts the ECm into a default setting to allow the engine to run but it seems you are reading live data for ICP if I am not mistaken through a scan tool? Are you loosing cam/crank sensor signal? Verify that and also see if the IPR may be sticking mechanically

I will try this first thing in the morning! We are about to head out for the day! Can I contact you In the a.m?
will have to finish in morning, thank you, ***** ***** good night.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

We can post back and forth as needed. I log in periodically throughout the day as needed and will replay back on my next available login. There is additional services by phone if that helps at an added cost or we can continue this way. Have a good night

Hello sir are you still available?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, It is Dan. I log in periodically throughout the day so feel free to post your follow up messages and I will respond back on my next available logins.

I am having the code u0105 coming up now. No communication with ficm
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks for the update. Verify your power and grounds to the FICM and if good I would try a test FICM if available or replace yours if power and ground and the harness and relays check good.

The ipr was sticking the first time! Replaced the valve! And I just finished replacing the ficm
Does the new ficm have to programmed? Power is going to relay. And I have recently replaced the wiring harness so I know that wiring is okay. It started up and ran before but now I am getting the code and you can't here the injectors buzzing when turning the key on
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

It does have to be programmed but it sounds like maybe you have a loss of power possibly. Check your relays, fuses and IGN power from the switch. You can buy aftermarket programmers as well for these. For axample

http://www.innovativediesel.com/home-page-products/idp-ford-6-0l-powerstroke-ficm-programmer.html

I have threw all the fuses and replaced the relay just in case if it was internally sticking and I have my 2 power supply to my relay
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Will the relay click at all? I am concerned that your New FICM may have a problem. Is there any warranty with it?

Hello I have found something! The relay will only click occasionally! I have two hot wires coming off of the relay do you have the schematic of what connectors should be what?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

The schematic I posted earlier should be what you are looking for? Let me know

I have checked over my relay and I am getting my signal from ignitions and 2 hots.