Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a problem with an Isuzu NPR box truck that will not…

Customer Question
I have a problem with...
I have a problem with an Isuzu NPR box truck that will not fire up.
I was driving down the road and it just stopped running. a year ago I had it put into storage and still it will not start, it wants to turn over and fuel is in the rail, spark is good, tried to test it with obd meter/ reader and it comes back as unable to read the computer.
what to do now?
I tested the power to the fuse box but no bad fuses were found.
getting stumped here and not to good with auto wiring harness.
help?!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/29/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is ***** ***** is the year and complete engine make and model information in this truck? You said spark is good? So gas engine and not diesel?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need help?

sorry, 1997 NPR 5.7l V8
I added CNG a while back and it ran real great then one afternoon it just crapped out
i sent ith over to the auto man and he put a OBD scanner on it and it came back as not being able to read the computer, I called the CNG shop and they said check the fuse that runs the sig lighter and it's fine.
The cab lights stay o all of the time and so I have to disconnect the battery lead and so I'm stummped
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

See PDF pages 4-5

Kind sir. Thanks for your reply. I'm lost as to the pdf that you mention in your last comment and wonder where is can be down loaded or viewed
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Sorry about that. There has been technical difficulties on the site. That was for another question.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Is the check engine light coming on and cycling with the key? also does it crank with no start or not crank over at all with the starter?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

If it turns over check for tach response. a faulty crank sensor will cause a no start but lets confirm power to the PCM/ECM Let me know