Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have Truck Repair Questions? Ask an Expert

Medium and Heavy Trucks

I have 500 isx. Need more power pulling mountains. Or large

Customer Question
I have 500 isx. Need...
I have 500 isx. Need more power pulling mountains. Or large hills. Seems to pull down fast. Had a egr and def delete done but doesn't have power I think it should have
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 09 Cummings what details r u wanting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $54 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/27/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Was the engine reprogrammed when the delete was done?

The misconception a lot of people have is they get the EGR delete done that they get more HP and torque out of the truck when the opposite is true.

These engines are setup for the use of the EGRs. When they are removed, they need to be reprogrammed to operate differently to get the power back. If you didn;t get a custom tune donw with the EGR delete, I suggest getting one done with pdi diesel or a similar company. Without it, the truck will run worse like you are experiencing.

Also, you have to take into consideration the gear ratio, transmission ration, weight of load, etc in the torque difference on the truck.

First step though, get the ECM tuned properly for the removal of the EGR and you will see a huge improvement.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician