Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I have a Mack with the EA7 470 HP engine. Engine starts and

Customer Question

I have a Mack with the EA7 470 HP engine.
Engine starts and runs fine however when under load and the boost pressure get's to around 150 - 200 kpa there is a pinging rattling noise coming from the engine.
The engine is down a little on horse power since this has happened.
I have checked visual items like the air hoses from the turbo to inter cooler for cracks or breaks and the waste gate valve seems in tact.
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Mark.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Was the turbo checked? Was the system pressurized and tested for leaks?

Can you tell which side the noise is coming from?

Were the injectors tested to make sure the issue isn;t a injector issue making it appear like it is a intake boost issue?

What about the air compressor? Is it making any noise or is it passing oil?

I'm just trying to give other locations to check for not being there and listening, it is difficult to know where to look.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.