Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2005 Columbia and am having a problem with power to…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Columbia...
I have a 2005 Columbia and am having a problem with power to the cab. I installed 2 new batteries and when I turn the key from accessory mode to start it kills all power.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/25/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check all your battery to starter connections and also be sure the batteries are hooked up correctly. POS to POS and NEG to NEG to keep 12 V. If ok then check the LVD module/breaker as it may have tripped which protects the ECU's from voltage spikes causing damage.

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

LVD is behind the passenger seat side panel. Use a coin or screwdriver to remove

Ok. I will get back to you. Thank you.
Batteries are correct.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

ok sounds good. I am leaving to a family gathering for the eve but will reply back on my next login late tonight if you need more help. We can post back and forth as needed

Hey Daniel I was finally able to look at my rig last night and I can't find the lvm. I probably should have told you it's a Toterhome now.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Thank you for the update.... So the chassis has been modified.... It is possible that some changes in the electrical have been made....

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Did you still need help with this or did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my answers as that is how the site credits the experts for thier time