Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Ok, here is the situation. I have an 09 M2 that i'm working…

Customer Question
ok, here is the situation...
ok, here is the situation. I have an 09 M2 that i'm working on. There are 2 issues i'm having .. not sure if they are related or not. Anyhow, yesterday i replaced the 1/4 inch air line that is behind the steering whel because it was leaking bad. Today the brake lights wont go out until all the air pressure is drained but it seems to drive fine. 2nd issue is the air keeps maxing out and dumping the entire time the truck is running. I was under the impression that it should not do this but hover somewhere around 100 psi
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/23/2016
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

the air line your saying it is the air drier that keeps purging

let me know, Please

sounds like its purging from several areas around the truck.. because its building too much pressure

HI

Sorry for delay, had to pick up Grand Kids from school

OK, now it is building too much pressure

and the relief valve for the tanks are letting it out

you need to see how high it is going on the gauge , when this happens,

let me know , Please

going to the max

Thank you for that

OK, The problem is the compressor governor

that needs to be replaced, it has failed

and letting the compressor keep building air

Replace that you will be all good, about $21.00

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

what about the brake lights staying on unless i let all the air out of the system?

Hi

This may be causing that also

Lets get the air under control 1st

Remember follows are no charge after a ccept

we can continue to work on the Issue if need be

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Not Poor/Bad service

Hi

I'm just following up with you

did my answer help you

let me know , please

ok so i went to the governor to attempt to adjust it and saw that the nut and screw were broken so i went ahead and replaced it.... still building max pressure and purging... so no luck there? anything else i should try? also i disconnected the brake light switch and the brake lights were still on

Hi Thank you for that

if governor is replaced and new, but

just keeps building air , then the unloaders in the compressor head

are faulty, stuck or broken

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

Not Poor/Bad service