Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a six cummins 600 hp motor. It's a2000. The problem

Customer Question

I have a six cummins 600 hp motor . It's a2000. The problem I'm having is I changed the oil and after 3 days the oil pressure went low and red engine light came on . I changed the oil filter and it was fine but now after a week of running its doing the same thing . Going to change oil filter again but why is it plugging up oil filter
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.

Your timing is off and needs to be reset by static timing. Call cummins to have this done. It is a common issue

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what is your engine serial number and the actual oil pressure you are getting? Inspect the filter internally and let me know if any metal/debris is found.

Hi Damon, Did you get this resolved? Are there any traces of metal/debris in your oil filter if you cut it open for sampling?