Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have to remove the fuel injector lines on my 98 cummins…

Customer Question
I have to remove the...
I have to remove the fuel injector lines on my 98 cummins 12. When I reinstall them do I have to bleed the air off?
I removed the AFC, I used a chisel to brake off the brake away screw and now it needs to be drilled out and removed with a easy out. The fuel lines are in the way.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/20/2016
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic

Yes just loosen the fuel lines and have some crank the engine. hen you see fuel from the the fuel lines tighten each one and than the unit will start once free of air

Yes just loosen the fuel lines and have some crank the engine. When you see fuel from the the fuel lines tighten each one and than the unit will start once free of air

Hi just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service..