Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

T444e has warn engine light and code 333 after warming up…

Customer Question
T444e has warn engine light...
T444e has warn engine light and code 333 after warming up and running 30 min. Goes into limp mode.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
If you turn truck off and restart right away light goes off and runs fine for sometimes 3 mins and up to 30 min before it goes into limp mode again. Seems to do it faster driving at higher speeds and above 2000 rpm
2/20/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

333 - Injection Control Pressure above/ below desired level

Check the IPR and replace it. If the code remains after, then you have a leak on one of the injector o-rings that needs to be replaced. That is what is causing this code.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I ordered a new IPR. If that doesnt fix how do i determine which injector is causing issue? Is there a test?

The only real test is to pull the injectors to check the o-rings. I wish it was simpler, but it isn't on this year and model of engine.

If it has been a long time since th o-rings were done or if you never done them, they will most likely need them. The o-rings are cheap. It just takes a little bit of time to get the valve covers off and pull the injectors. When the o-rings are worn, you'll see an improvement in power once they are changed out.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?