Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2006 kenworth t600 the cruise control just stopped…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 kenworth...
I have a 2006 kenworth t600 the cruise control just stopped working when tried to get in the dash to look at a bank of toggle switchs I decided to not do anymore so I put the screws back in then tried all the switchs to see if they work all work except for my cruise control did I pop a fuse or knock a wire off and how do you get to banks of toggle switchs in the dash
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/19/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

To get to the switches, you will need to remove the trim around the dash to access the screws, and then you can pull the panel out.

It is possible that the switch plug came off or the switch is bad. The cruise can also be affected by a bad brake light switch and clutch switch. So be sure to check the power on them as well.

There is a cruise fuse in the fuse box. Yours will be either in the foot panel on the driver side or in the glove box. You will need to remove the screws holding the glove box in to get to the fuse box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

there is no fuse box on the place you've said. Where can I find the fuse box?

Those are the 2 places the fuse box is located on the 2006 KW.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?