Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

What is wrong with my truck it is a we star star with dd15…

Customer Question
What is wrong with...

What is wrong with my truck it is a we star star with dd15 engine it runs good burg will not crank unless u use ether to start what is wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

All of the epa def fuel has been deleted but it done this before it was deleted

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/19/2016
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

You have a fuel problem or a check valve problem where the fuel is draining back to the tanks and you are losing prime.

I would have the fuel system gone through and see if there is any air getting in through one of the filter o-rings, a cracked heat exchanger on the ECM, a bad check vavle on the heat exchanger on the ECM, or a bad check valve in the filter housing causing the drain back.

You'll find it on the low pressure side which is before the high pressure pump. Trust me if it was on that side, you would know it for fuel would be going everywhere and cutting a whole in the hood for it is at 22,000 psi at idle after it. So the issue will be before the pump on one of the 2 check valves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy