Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

655 shut off and now won't start. Glow plugs have power to…

Customer Question
655 shut off and now...
655 shut off and now won't start. Glow plugs have power to them. Engine is plugged in. No air in fuel lines. smoke comes out of exhaust when trying to start. Seems like it wants to start but won'tr. Checked fuses seem ok
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/18/2016
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Greg, My name is***** will try to help. make sure there are no restrictions or leaks between the tank and pump and no air bubbles if a clear line is installed between the tank and pump. If ok then crack the injection lines loose to see if there is any good fuel delivery and if it is weak you likely have a worn injection pump if the fuel supply is good and the shut off is good. Let me know

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson