Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 76 290 hp cummins engine where can i find and

Customer Question
purchase online a green and...
i have a 76 290 hp cummins engine where can i find and purchase online a green and red spring and number 17 fuel plunger button how i know i need this setup is because i have a 74 290 and i want the 76 to run the as good as it does
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/16/2016
Technician: Jackie Dempsey,
 replied 2 years ago
Jackie Dempsey

Hello! I will be glad to assist you with this question, I believe this is an NTC290 correct? Have you called Cummins directly? I am not sure where you are located but you can go to www.cummins.com and search for a distributor in your area. My local Cummins facilities phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** are open until 10pm here in California. This particular engine may no longer be listed in the Quickserve system however the Cummins facilities do have parts book that they can look thru to find your part numbers. Also, these parts manuals may be available for purchase thru Cummins directly. Otherwise any Cummins dealer (such as Freightliner, Peterbuilt etc) should have access to older Cummins part information in their systems. If not they too will know who to call. You also have the option of calling 1 800 DIESELS as they have a technical line as well. I hope that this helps! If I can be of further assistance please let me know. Thank you

Technician: Jackie Dempsey,
 replied 2 years ago

Found a toll free number for you: (800)(###) ###-####/a>

Technician: Jackie Dempsey,
 replied 2 years ago

Also, please see the following link for additional information, hope this helps!

http://www.dieselbombers.com/big-rigs-semis/48901-endless-supply-fuel-buttons.html

Jackie Dempsey
Jackie Dempsey
Jackie Dempsey